Sunday, May 12, 2013

BEFORE I BECAME A MOTHER….

Before I had my sons I never knew it takes someone really brave to be a MOTHER, someone strong to raise a child and someone special willing to love another more than herself.

Before I became a mother I slept as late as I wanted, partied as much as I want and shopped till I dropped.

Before I became a mother I always had a clean and tidy room, I never worried this much about dust and allergens in the air, and I never felt the need to memorize where all electrical outlets are located. I never thought I'd spend so much thought and effort on how to kill ants, mosquitoes and other insects that can harm my kids.

Before I became a mother I never tripped this much becauseof toys that are scattered all over the floor. I’ve never been accidentally hit on the face this much, kicked in the groin countless times and my hair has never been stepped on and pulled on this much.

Before I became a mother I never imagined how it is to be puked on, spit on, chewed on, bitten, pood on and peed on. I never knew I could laugh and cry at the same time, and I never realized I could operate with just a few hours of sleep a week.

Before I became a mother I never knew that a single tear from my own child could result to buckets of tears from me. I didn’t think it was possible to feel so much pain and have my heart break into a million pieces every time you know your child is suffering or is hurt. I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body and I’ve never worried this much before I became a mother.

Before I became a mother I never thought a simple smile, an uttered word or the smallest steps could make me gloriously happy. I never knew then how something so small could provide so much love and happiness to an entire household.

Before I became a mother I never knew that a special bond existed between a mother and her child. I didn’t think I had something special so as I could nurse a hungry child and then watch him look at me satisfied and then slowly fall asleep in my arms. I never imagined something so small could make me feel so important.

Before I became a mother I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a MOM. I had never known the warmth, the happiness, the satisfaction, the heartache and pains of being a MOTHER. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I became amother.

Before I became a mother I NEVER KNEW I HAD NOT LIVED, I never knew that I had a purpose, a mission and a goal. I’m looking forward to learn more, do more and be the best that I can be for my boys! Being a mother truly is the most rewarding and most challenging job on the planet!

That's me with Miguel, Jaime and our doll model  :)

My boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment